Every Child

Has Two Parents


No way for a non-Japanese to register contact information


There is no way for a non-Japanese parent to register contact information so that can be notified when a legal decision about their child requires their consent

Japanese natural parents have a Family Registry (koseki) and Residency Registration (jyuminhyou) that can be used to locate and contact them if they want to be contacted.  But there is no way for a non-Japanese to register contact information, even if they want to be contacted.

Related issue:  A non-custodial parent is not notified when an adoption of their natural child takes place.

Solutions We Want To See

  1. TBD


  1. TBD

The information on this website concerns a matter of public interest, and is provided for educational and informational purposes only in order to raise public awareness of issues concerning left-behind parents. Unless otherwise indicated, the writers and translators of this website are not lawyers nor professional translators, so be sure to confirm anything important with your own lawyer.

Copyright © 2003-2009                                                                Contact us


Please bear with us while we reconstruct CRN Japan.  You may find links that are broken and data that is not in it’s place.  Please understand we are working to fix all issues.  Thank you for your understanding.

   Search CRN Japan