Every Child

Has Two Parents


Non-Japanese Law


The following pages have legal information specific to that country for dealing with international child abduction and visitation issues.. 


  1. Useful Non-Japanese Family Court Cases

  2. I am getting a divorce outside Japan.  How can I convince the court to issue a restraining order stopping the Japanese parent from bringing our child back to Japan?

  3. How to evaluate the financial condition of a Japanese spouse.

  4. Statistics on how many international abductions occur each year


We rely on contributions from readers of this website to fill in the information, so the information available for each country will differ. If your country is not listed, please contact the webmaster to volunteer to add information.  We rely on your help.  See the United States entry for an example of the information we are looking for.

Click on the country to go to the appropriate information.

  1. 1.Australia

  2. 2.Canada

  3. 3.Germany

  4. 4.New Zealand

  5. 5.Philippines

  6. 6.United Kingdom

  7. 7.United States

The information on this website concerns a matter of public interest, and is provided for educational and informational purposes only in order to raise public awareness of issues concerning left-behind parents. Unless otherwise indicated, the writers and translators of this website are not lawyers nor professional translators, so be sure to confirm anything important with your own lawyer.

Copyright © 2003-2009                                                                Contact us


Please bear with us while we reconstruct CRN Japan.  You may find links that are broken and data that is not in it’s place.  Please understand we are working to fix all issues.  Thank you for your understanding.

   Search CRN Japan

sponsored by abp world group child recovery and security www.abpworld.com